Myrna feels compelled to show young women their own worth and value in Christ. She has counseled abortion-minded women, and started a YoungLives ministry to teen moms and dads through YoungLife in North Orange County. She works with over 70 volunteers and trains them to walk alongside these teens in their day-to-day lives while putting Jesus on display. Myrna is the Area Director of North OC YoungLives and currently oversees two ministries: one in Huntington Beach and another in Santa Ana. Some of her responsibilities consist of teaching parenting classes at local high schools, building local partnerships, training and recruiting volunteers, meeting teen parents, coordinating weekly events, leading summer and winter camping trips, and raising support for the ministry as well as personal support.
- that teen parents in Orange County would meet Jesus and find their identity in Him
- that cycles would be broken for their children because of the hope and transformation their parents find in Christ
- that YoungLives staff and volunteers would be used to glorify God on High School campuses and in the community
- that Myrna and her team would continually surrender this ministry to the Lord in every season, decision and opportunity
- for Myrna’s husband, Yousef, and son, Elijah, who serve alongside her
SUPPORT CAN BE SENT TO: YOUNGLIVES NORTH ORANGE COUNTY, PO BOX 10793, WESTMINSTER, CA 92685, PAYABLE TO: YOUNG LIFE, MEMO: CA560